In an optimistic spirit, though, I have tried to go along with the adage, "Another year older, another year wiser." I feel this past year that I have become much more self-aware, especially when it comes to knowing how my actions (or moods, rather) have a direct effect on people. I also think that I have become a much harder, more dillegent worker. I am relatively healthy and have such a great support system. So really, I have a lot to be grateful for! If this next year is as good as the last has been, then Bring On 28!
[By the way, when I *gasped* at that orderly's comment, he followed it up with, "No, no, I just thought you were 21 or 22." That's more like it :) ]
~
As for the day itself, I really had no expectations. Both S and I were scheduled to work so I figured our celebration would be postponed. Needless to say, I was very touched by the dinner at work on Friday, surprise mini-party S and I had when I got home that night (and the surprise gift...more to come on this one), the well-wishes and phone calls, and surprise goodies, delivery and LUAU awaiting me at work the next day. I keep saying it, but (despite the less-than-stellar work day itself) it was really one of the best birthdays I've ever had. As for those that helped make the day so great? You all know who you are; thank you, thank you SO much!
5 comments:
Happy Belated Birthday!! It sounds like you were well taken care of! :)
Happy birthday!! I'm glad it was a good one!
I let you know how it is to turn 30when I do in 7 months.
Yep, we leave actually the first of January. I do hope this is the last Christmas I'll have interrupted with a move!
Like I'm going to throw a surprise party for a grumpy Turbo and not one for my work BFF! I'm glad you enjoyed it.
Post a Comment