~
A few weeks ago I went with S down to school to pick up his books for the semester. While I stayed out in the car for about a half an hour, I made three observations which I later shared with S.
(1) Some undergrads drive WAY too nice of cars.
(2) Parking lots really are dangerous. I witnessed 2 near misses.
(3) It's funny to watch these people walk around like they have life all figured out.
When I mentioned the last one to S he chuckled a bit and replied, "Like we do?" I laughed in reply at the irony my last observation.
While he's right to some degree (we certainly do still have a lot to learn), I have been thinking about this since then and I'm not sure S realizes just how much he's figured out from life in general. He's had to work so hard through so many challenges to get where he is. He certainly has a better hold on reality than I do sometimes!
Lately a few examples have come to mind. He's incredibly savvy when it comes to finances and has put us in a situation that I'm not sure I could have if I were in charge of the budget. He recently has single-handedly gotten our food storage up closer where it should be. Seriously, if there is ever a disaster, feel free to come on over and we'll share our Spaghetti-Os with you.
The thing I am most grateful for is how great of a support he is to me. I've had sort of a rough time lately and he has stepped in to fill the roles I normally do. If it weren't for him, our house would be a mess, we'd be eating frozen dinners or take out and we'd be eating them off of paper plates because all of our regular dishes would be piled high in the sink waiting to be washed. As it is, on top of his demanding class he's taking this semester, our house is spotless and he's making fabulous meals (he's making his incredible stacked Tacos this Thursday...I'm very excited!) He's not complaining and is constantly asking what more he can do. And it's not like a sudden turn of a events, either. He always has this attitude. I might be biased, but if there were a best husband award, he would definately earn it.
As he reads this (which he will) I can hear him saying that he's not that great and that he doesn't deserve any credit and that I deserve more, but luckily this is my blog and I can say anything I want to (within reason.) So I choose to continue to be in awe of S. Every accomplishment he's had and continues to have each day is because of his determination to get to that point. I just stand back amazed and grateful that he chose me to share this journey with him.
(1) Some undergrads drive WAY too nice of cars.
(2) Parking lots really are dangerous. I witnessed 2 near misses.
(3) It's funny to watch these people walk around like they have life all figured out.
When I mentioned the last one to S he chuckled a bit and replied, "Like we do?" I laughed in reply at the irony my last observation.
While he's right to some degree (we certainly do still have a lot to learn), I have been thinking about this since then and I'm not sure S realizes just how much he's figured out from life in general. He's had to work so hard through so many challenges to get where he is. He certainly has a better hold on reality than I do sometimes!
Lately a few examples have come to mind. He's incredibly savvy when it comes to finances and has put us in a situation that I'm not sure I could have if I were in charge of the budget. He recently has single-handedly gotten our food storage up closer where it should be. Seriously, if there is ever a disaster, feel free to come on over and we'll share our Spaghetti-Os with you.
The thing I am most grateful for is how great of a support he is to me. I've had sort of a rough time lately and he has stepped in to fill the roles I normally do. If it weren't for him, our house would be a mess, we'd be eating frozen dinners or take out and we'd be eating them off of paper plates because all of our regular dishes would be piled high in the sink waiting to be washed. As it is, on top of his demanding class he's taking this semester, our house is spotless and he's making fabulous meals (he's making his incredible stacked Tacos this Thursday...I'm very excited!) He's not complaining and is constantly asking what more he can do. And it's not like a sudden turn of a events, either. He always has this attitude. I might be biased, but if there were a best husband award, he would definately earn it.
As he reads this (which he will) I can hear him saying that he's not that great and that he doesn't deserve any credit and that I deserve more, but luckily this is my blog and I can say anything I want to (within reason.) So I choose to continue to be in awe of S. Every accomplishment he's had and continues to have each day is because of his determination to get to that point. I just stand back amazed and grateful that he chose me to share this journey with him.
4 comments:
I'm so proud that S is being a great husband. But I have to disagree with him being the BEST husband.... since I have the BEST husband! Maybe it's in their genes?!! I guess we each got the best husband for each of us. Thank you for being such a positive part of S's life We sure love you! Mom
It sounds like you have a great husband there, that is taking good care of you. I'm glad to hear that!
Emily!! Whooo! I'm glad U found me!! At some point we'll have to get together. I miss you and Scott for sure!!
I know what you mean! My husband does that for me too! I'm glad to know we chose the good ones!
Post a Comment