Around our house, that's what we call it anyway. We are a non-Valentine's Day celebrating couple. I think maybe it bothered me the first few years I knew S, but now I've grown to accept it is just not his kinda holiday and I'm totally okay with that. (By the way, in years past he has managed to slip something lovey in there around Valentine's Day, but swears it is only a coincidence and he is merely showing his love for me as he would any other given day of the year.)
Last night after I got off work we headed down to Chili's for a late night dinner. There was no wait and service was great which reaffirms my belief that the best time to go out to eat is after 10 p.m. Although, I admit as I am getting older, it is getting harder to do that. Twenty-four hours ago I loved Caeser Salad. Now (as I am still trying to digest it) I loathe it. Anyway, we went home, watched some more of Braveheart (never seen it before) and called it a night. And you know what? It was as good of a "holiday" celebration as I'm sure anyone else had. Sometimes it helps to not have any expectations :)
Now I, personally, love Valentines Day and find my own way to celebrate it with those who share my enthusiasm. This week at work we brought out the construction paper and glue and decorated Valentines boxes a'la 3rd grade. S called me in the process and laughed when I told him I was at work with my hands covered in paint and glitter (I think his response was something like, do you ever work when you are at work?) I had a harder time channeling my inner 10 year old than I thought I would but it ended up being a lot of fun. Most of us exchanged the cartoony "To: From:" Valentines that you get at the grocery store. We capped off our celebration by decorating sugar cookies (courtesy of S...thanks again, by the way!) Best part? I re-lived the joy of an elementary school student as I opened my Valentines box at home that night and saw an array of Valentines and goodies. What a fun holiday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds fun!! I think that going out late is the best too! But usually no matter what, I end up with problems digesting the rest of the night the yummy food I've crammed in my mouth during that meal! haha And the other thing...I had already thought about making one of those for whomever signed up..but wasn't sure if it'd be cheating... but I'd love to make you one! :)
Post a Comment