Saturday, March 14, 2009

Is it SPRING yet?!

I've had this picture I took last year set as my desktop background at work for the last couple of weeks.It seems torturous at times to look at it (especially after the horrible early spring snowstorms that come every year in Utah). It does give me hope, though, that winter eventually ends and it won't be long before I'm back outside in my element.

I guess you could say I'm just plain Anxious.

Anxious for these little shoots popping up in my garden to turn into Crocuses, Narcissus, Daffodills, Tulips...

Anxious to trade in my winter coat for my spring jacket.

Anxious to find out what gender this little thing I'm carrying around is (according to the poll on my other blog, it's dead even right now. I still think--and hope--that it's a boy, despite the fact that my coworkers and majority of my family think it's a girl.) When we find out, there will be no stopping us. S has major plans for the nursery and I can't wait to start buying all of that fun stuff!

Anxious for S to finish up his year of probation (7 shifts to go!) so that he can be a "real" firefighter now. Not that he hasn't been up to this point :)

Anxious for our trip up the California/Oregon coast next month...the ocean is calling my name!

I guess you could say I'm not the most patient person in the world. And this time of year doesn't help, either! But with the weather forecast as perfect as could be for the upcoming week, I plan to get my hands dirty (literally) and start planting my early crops in our garden. It won't be long until we have green peas and onions growing and NOTHING beats a homegrown vegetable! Who doesn't LOVE spring?!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm totally with you there! Bring on Spring!

Hall Family said...

Me too! No More Thick Coats!!!! Bring on the flowers and SUn!!! I'm ready!!