Sunday, April 5, 2009

Guess who's a birthday boy?

S is having the ultimate of ultimate birthdays this week. Likely due to the fact that he is turning his lucky number (a pseudo golden birthday?), not only is it his birthday but it is his first day off of probation with the fire department. And the weather is supposed to be absolutely perfect that day. Oh yeah, and he gets to find out if this baby is a boy or a girl!!! A pretty great day in my opinion :)

So I thought to honor him (and slightly embarrass him), I would dedicate the rest of this post to him by highlighting all of the things that make him so great! (Sort of like, S: This is your Life!, E-Style.)

He is an incredibly hard worker. Not only that, but he is the type of person that will drop anything to help anyone. Just this weekend he spent several hours aerating people's lawns, traveling as far as Tooele, free of charge. Others aren't always as willing to drop what they are doing to help him in return, but that doesn't seem to phase him. He's just the kind of person that goes the extra mile. (Don't worry, the pic below is NOT a result of his aerating skills! This is when he replaced a broken valve at our cabin for my dad.)

He has an incredibly distinguished laugh. Put him in a crowded room with everyone laughing and I will be able to pick him out of the crowd.


He L-O-V-E-S Disneyworld and can't wait to go back!! (Hahaha, aww, come on it's not that bad!)
He has a unique way of pronouncing the words "Pillow," "Milk," and "Cookies." Next time you see him, say something like Hey Scott, don't spill the milk and cookies on your pillow! It will really get him going :)

He has a really good relationship with his parents, which I think is sooo important. They did a great job raising him and I am 100% sure that he will be a great dad himself.

He is Mr. Adventure. One of the few people I know who has no problem getting up at 4 in the morning in the freezing winter if it means he gets to go play in some powder that day.

He is also Mr. Domestic. S has been in more arguments at the fire station over who gets to vacuum than anything else (hence why his coworkers asked me to take a picture of him with this vacuum.) When I was visiting the station once, one of his coworkers asked if he was like this at home. I replied, "Yes, he is." Hey, I can think of worse things.
He has mad wake boarding skills...but he didn't always! It took him, like, 20 tries before he finally got up. But only someone as determined as he is would try 21 times until he got it right. Saying he is a determined person is an understatement!

He is a fisherman. And he doesn't think it's weird at all that I like to tag along (I've been the only girl fishing on a boat full of guys before and he thinks it's great!) He probably gets somewhat annoyed when I keep yelling, Hey, I got another one!!

I love that he likes to be as outdoorsy as I do. I don't know what I would do otherwise.

I actually think it's really fun to be super-fans of rivaling schools. It makes life interesting and gives someone bragging rights for awhile (it's definately been his year...though I was thrilled when the U got out in the first round of the tournament as well!)

Ironically, being a firefighter and all, the boy can sleep through ANYTHING! In fact, as I write this, he is probably zonked out watching another episode of Family Guy. I always let him sleep and he says, "Why didn't you wake me up?!" I stopped trying a looong time ago...

Let's face it: He's a hottie! I call this his calendar pose...

I don't know anyone else who can finish off a banana cream pie by himself. I was daring this year and made one from scratch for his birthday. Yes, that means crust, custard and even the whipped cream. I told him I was really nervous because he is very particular about his banana cream pies! He gave it rave reviews though so I could breathe a sigh of relief. I don't really care for banana cream pie that much so I said he could take whatever was left over to the station to share. He gave me this sheepish look and said, Um, I will if there is any left.

So there you have it. Just a few reasons why I think S is a great guy and deserves to have a great birthday!

3 comments:

Clint & Alicia McLaws said...

Happy Birthday, Uncle Scott!!! =]

Hall Family said...

Hope Scott has a very Happy Birthday!!! (Congrats to you both!! We're very VERY excited!!!!)

Melissa said...

I hope your birthday was a great one Scott. Thank you so much for aerating our lawn the other day, that was so nice!