A few things we've had to smile about lately!
- S just learned that they posted a date for the test to get into medic school. He was also personally reminded from the Chief of that date, so I think that's a good sign that, hoping he does well on the test, he will get in. I told him that I'd help him study as much as I could (hey, I ended up learning a lot from that anatomy class he took!)
- We had our first "stay-cation" outing this week: a trip to the Bees game. Yeah, they lost miserably but the food and company was great. I love baseball.
- S took charge and replaced the front yard sprinkler system installed by our homebuilders. It was honestly a piece of crap. Luckily S knows a thing or two about sprinkling systems so I am confident that the plants we put in this year will actually have a shot at making it. He also is working on putting in some sort of sprinkler in the back so that I won't have to go out and hand water every day (yahoo!) Which leads me to a story that is honestly so funny that I will risk public humiliation to share it. I came home from work the other night and S told me to go out back and see what he had been working on. He turns the valve and a sprinkler head pops up to which I reply, "Oh, Cool!" Not even two seconds later I said, "Hey, it's raining!" At this point S says I had confused look on my face as I looked up at the clear sky and tried to put two and two together [in my defense it was dark and I was standing on the other side of our yard]. This confusion quickly turned into embarrassment as I "got it." S just started to laugh like crazy as I went back inside to finish my yogurt. Still laughing, he came back in and said something like, "You are so cute." I told him as soon as I finished my snack I would be going upstairs to look at my diploma. S started chanting, I am smart, I am smart...over and over again. At this point I started getting the giggles which turned into a laugh-so-hard-I-cried-fest. Geez, I really wish I was making this stories up.
- We watched Seven Pounds which is honestly the stupidest movie I have ever seen. The good part of this is that I got so bored that I started poking little girl fetus and she started kicking back so that S could really feel her this time. Minus the rib jabs (and the fact that I swear she actually likes to sleep in my rib cage), I'm having a lot of fun with her moving! Oh, and apparently she likes Jolly Ranchers and Madagascar 2.
- I got released from my calling as a sunbeams teacher. I would say this didn't qualify as good news, but I was getting so burned out. The nice thing is that I wasn't called to be anything immediately after I was released (which is a first, I think...usually it's from one calling to the next.) Between being pregnant, trying to deal with a bunch of bored 4 year olds and trying to make up the time I missed coming in late to work (which has meant 11+ hour work days), I didn't realize how much of a burden it had become. If I wasn't before, I definately now am a firm believer that Heavenly Father really does know what we can/can't handle!
- At the exact moment we needed to get new tires for my car, we found rebates from not only the tire manufacturer but the dealership as well. And they aren't cheap-o tires either. We will essentially be getting one tire for free!
1 comment:
Love the rain story, that is hilarious! I'm glad you get a break from the four year olds, especially since you are getting into the uncomfortable stage. I was with the nursery when I was 8 months pregnant with Jayden and it was hard!
Post a Comment