Monday, May 4, 2009

In bloom!

We came home to this and I was ECSTATIC!

These are the most promising strawberries I've ever planted. Haha, I planted two bundles of six bare root plants thinking half of them would die. All of them survived! We are going to have a LOT of strawberries!

And my pea plants. I've planted them for the last several years, both here and at my parents, and I've never had that great of success. So when I had TWO plants come up this year, I was thrilled!

It's been 3 years since we finished our backyard and all of our perennials have really taken root. I think this is the lushest it's looked back there in the spring time.
My mom asked me today what else I was going to put in the garden this year and I told her not much! Especially anything due to be harvested around the same time I am!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's just so funny to read your blog b/c yesterday when I got home, after I greeted Bruno (of course), the next thing I did was check on my garden. I was so excited to see that the flower bulbs were coming out! I can relate to your enthusiasm in seeing the little green things sprout. I'm so thrilled...