Wednesday, March 10, 2010

I wanted so badly to share my love of music with my little girl as soon as she was born! S and I went and bought a piano when she was less than a week old. At first, I played for her as she laid in her chair and listened. And as she has gotten bigger (and more stable) I have learned to play with her on my lap (though I have to admit that at first they were mostly songs that weren't more than a few octaves apart! Haha, too far of a reach and...well...)

In the last month she has started reaching for the music. And pulling it down in the middle of the song. I managed to grab this picture as she was investigating.


Just this last week she actually figured out she could PLAY the piano. Very primitive, but she did start pushing on the keys. I was so excited!!

I started taking piano lessons when I was 4 after pleading with my mom to let me (I would listen to my big brother play...he's amazing and I wanted to be just like him.) If Bean decides it's just not her thing, I'll understand. But if she does want to play? Well, I'll be thrilled!!

2 comments:

ChristopheRobyn said...

I'm so glad that she's starting to like music and the piano. How early do you think you would start her in lessons? Everytime I try to play my violin for Abby she starts crying and runs away and hides. I didn't think I was that bad!

Emily H. said...

Robyn--as soon as she will let me! I was early, but then I wanted to play at that age.