We have drastically cut back on sending text messages, figuring if it is really important, someone will call us.
And we got rid of our satellite television and opted for Netflix (which, in itself, is pretty awesome.) This one was a lot harder for me than the texting. I had grown to accept the DVR as an additional family member. Always there. Always reliable.
But something amazing has happened since we made these changes a few months ago. I feel more freedom. I rarely even watch television anymore and when I do, it's on the internet (for free!) I did not realize how much time of my day was spent watching t.v. Now I spend more time reading, sewing, working, contemplating. And playing with Bean.
Anyway, today for lunch I went to pull up Hannah Montana (a show that both Bean and I can be entertained by) only to realize that Netflix wasn't working. Which is how we came to watch the Lawrence Welk show on PBS. I believe Bean is now their youngest fan. She shoveled bits of her pb&j into her mouth while rocking back and forth to the [admittedly] catchy tune.

It looks like we may have found a new additional family member...
1 comment:
Grandma would be so proud! She loves that show!
Post a Comment