Saturday, December 31, 2011

Random Superlatives of 2011

Okay, before I start I have to say that 2011 has not been my favorite year and I am more than happy to bid it farewell. However, I also believe that all of life's experiences are important--even if we can't see why at the time. So with that, here are some of my favorite (maybe not-so-significant) things from the year...

Coolest experience of the year: heading to the outdoor roof swimming pool/hot tub with S up at Snowbird just as a huge rainstorm was coming in.

Second coolest experience of the year: catching a shark. Yes I'm putting this picture up again because it's Awesome.



Biggest milestone achieved: turning 30. Obviously.

Best movie (which I didn't expect to like so much): Moneyball

Worst movie: Transformers Dark of the Moon. (I fell asleep! During a battle scene!) Not even worth linking up to...

Most starstruck moment: Meeting a Blue Man after seeing their AMAZING concert with S.





Favorite new (I hope) tradition: Doing dessert only at The Melting Pot with S. Also, their Hot Chocolate is Terrific.

Best (and first) clambake I've ever had: The Black Pelican



Favorite "Laugh till I cry moment": A tie between "Spontaneous Cleavage" and "Faxing Things Up."

Best baked goodie: Golden Graham S'mores

Worst cooking disaster: Messing up Jello 2 hours before a party. Seriously. Who screws up Jello?!

Biggest blessing in disguise: My hours changing at work.

Favorite gift: the handmade quilt S made for me for Christmas.



Best photo editing website I can use for free (and is user-friendly as well)(and is how I add text to all of my photos, in case you are wondering...): Picnik.com

Favorite book: The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind. Inspirational!

Proudest parenting moment: Teaching Bean how to do a rimshot! Okay, I'm proud that she knows her colors and shapes, too... ;)

Favorite song that I'm slightly embarrassed to admit I like as much as I do: Blow by Kesha and only because Bean busts a move every time we hear it.

Favorite song that I sing at the top of my lungs in the car: Moves like Jagger by Maroon 5/Aguilera

Biggest accomplishment: Finally running my first race (even if it was just a 5k.)

Favorite new hobby I can't wait to break out again in 2012: Mixed Media via Donna Downey. Also, I was starstruck when I met her too.

No comments: