Sunday, January 8, 2012




Speaking to those parents of young children: I don't know if you've ever had those moments where you think, "I just need a break for just a little bit!" or "What in the world did I do in my free time before I had kids?!"  Chances are, you have.

This week I get a small break from my routine and, as much as I have been looking forward to a king-size bed to myself, I find myself feeling out of sorts.  It is the first time I have ever been away from Bean longer than 1 night (let alone over a week.)

I told the Bean goodbye last night as I was putting her to bed and started to cry. She looked at me with this concerned look on her face and said, "Mama Happy." It made me laugh (which made me cry harder for some reason.)

She is such a sweet girl and I am really going to miss her. But I am thankful for a break and am going to enjoy every minute of it. I am thankful that S and our parents are able and willing to take care of her so that Mama (and later Dada) can have this opportunity. It's true what they say: absence makes the heart grow fonder. I think taking vacations from mommyhood ultimately make mommies better.

Also, Skype is the best invention ever.

No comments: