Monday, February 13, 2012

Growing Pains and Valentines Day.

Can you guess what we've been up to lately?



Yup, as this photo implies we've been potty training the Bean for the last 2 weeks. A few weeks before her 2nd birthday we bought the potty (she even went poop in it--I thought this was going to be cake.) Next we moved her to her big girl bed. Then just as we were ready to start we realized our trip coming up soon and thought that perhaps the grandparents (who tended the Bean) might appreciate us waiting until we got back. Which led us to two weeks ago Thursday.

It was my first day off of work and I was determined to make no plans that week but taking Bean potty every half an hour. It sounded easier than it actually was. By Friday night I was so frustrated, especially after realizing I may have inadvertantly caused her to have an infection. My sweet hubby said we were in it now and just to keep persisting so I did.

I have told everyone who will listen that it is just like having a newborn again. I found my life revolving around everything "potty." (S said that maybe it was good preparation for having another one in our home again soon.) Anyway, for all of my frustration and OCDness (you just pee in there--it's not that hard!) she has done an AMAZING job! There are still occasional wet accidents but, almost two weeks later, she is for the most part accident free. Now if we could only figure out the poop issue...

Now you may be wondering how in the world am I going to tie a post on potty training to Valentines Day.

I told S that with as busy as our last month has been I realized my first day back to work that Valentines Day just wasn't going to happen. Which is sad to me because I really do like the holiday. He laughed and said that he only realized a few hours ago that tomorrow was Valentines Day. (S has never been much of one to celebrate Valentines Day. On the occasion that something mushy does show up, he blames it on coincidence.) Anyway I told him that I'd make pink pancakes for breakfast tomorrow. I'll even shape them into hearts again, or try to.

S hijacked my facebook account earlier this week and left the nicest remarks, at a time that I was pretty overwhelmed and worn out. His timing is perfect. (Of course he had to put his own twist on it. Of Course.) But he's been so supportive and my cheerleader, especially the last few weeks. I am so grateful for him every day of the year.

So Valentines Day or not...S, you pretty much rock and I love you xo

No comments: