Sunday, December 16, 2012

I tried to write a post about our latest happenings today and I just couldn't.

I've been thinking about these sweet kiddos of mine a lot these last few days...




My heart hurts when I think of those sweet children lost this week, and those who died trying to protect them.  I find myself grieving for people I don't even know.  I cannot begin to imagine what they are going through right now.

We all have "those days," you know, the ones where nothing goes right and you rush out the door and lose your patience with your little one who is going just a little bit too slow.  At the H home, we had two of them this week.  My biggest fear is that one or more of those families might have had one of those days as well and that they will have to live with that being their last memory.  I pray that this isn't the case.

I found out on my way to work via radio (it had been one of "those days" and I hadn't so much as turned the tv on.)  The rest of the day all I could think about was wanting to go home and be with my little Bean (and Boy too, of course.)  They spent the day with Grandma H so when I got off work that night, I went into the room where Bean was sleeping, crawled into bed next to her, and was silently overcome with emotion.  I thanked God that I was able to be the mother of these precious children and asked Him to somehow comfort those who had lost theirs.

I highly suspect that I am not the only person who has felt this way: there are probably a lot more mommies and daddies who hugging their kiddos a little more tightly now.

No comments: