I've been saving up lots and lots (and lots and lots and lots) of pennies to get this:
I've been drooling over DSLRs for a really, really long time and finally decided to start saving up late last year. It mostly came down to the fact that I had a very active daughter and every single picture I took of her turned out blurry. I chose a Canon Rebel T3i. I did
a lot of research and found that the Canon and Nikon cameras are both really good cameras and it mostly came down to personal preference. My dad had a super nice Canon growing up (film--though he was holding my new camera wistfully so maybe he'll splurge on a digital too!) so I was already a little biased.
I'm lucky to have two 'eager and willing' guinea pigs to practice on. On one of the evenings of the week it arrived, Bean told me specifically that she wanted to go outside and run around while I took pictures of her.
Err, mommy possibly spent a little too much time behind the lens that week!
Here are some of my favorite portraits:
(This next one is possibly my favorite picture
ever!)
I had to test out the macro feature. I didn't know I liked photographing flowers.
And lots of pictures of our life.
I have not been disappointed at all. I have also not broken out of auto yet. I hear the fun comes when you learn to manipulate aperature and exposure and whatever other film jargon there is. Stay tuned!
1 comment:
I have no idea on cameras but I love the shots! I love the tutu and COOL idea of the slide! Looks like you are going to have a lot of fun with that toy ;)
Post a Comment