Sunday, April 6, 2014

In the Clouds

I know that spring is supposed to be cool and rainy, but I still feel like the weather the last few weeks has been a little unusual!  

I was driving home the other day and noticed that the hills surrounding our home looked like this: 


(Yes I may or may not have taken a picture while driving.  No I don't make a habit of this.  Don't judge me.)

I was immediately taken aback because it reminded me so much of our trip to Monteverde last September.  They call this area of Costa Rica the cloud forest for a reason!  The mornings are generally clear but by noon the clouds start rolling in and by mid-afternoon there is a downpour.  Half of the day, you are literally up in the clouds!  You can tell by the following pictures taken in the town of Santa Elena why this particular day last week reminded me of our visit to the cloud forest!



I don't remember in the last 3 years we've lived out here ever having days where we are up in the clouds.  A few days after I took the first picture, I looked out our back window and we were back in the clouds again!


I'm sure I've mentioned it before, but I really don't mind rainy, gloomy weather.  I've loved the clouds and the rain the past few weeks, but it's also made me really homesick for Monteverde!

No comments: