First of all, I find it ironic that after I post about my health being so great...I become sick for one of the longest stretches I can remember. I think when I wrote this post I had a mild cold, but then I caught a nasty bug from S and it will not. go. away.
I mention this in a post about our Valentine's Day because, honestly, I haven't been healthy for six weeks now and doing anything above and beyond for Valentine's Day just hasn't sounded fun to me. If it weren't for my kids I probably would have skipped it altogether!
I was in charge of Bean's kindergarten Valentine party which was the day before Valentine's Day this year. It has been so much fun being a 'room mom' and getting to know the other parents and members of the PTA. The Valentine's party was a little easier than the Halloween party. I'm not sure why, we did almost the exact same things. It just felt a little more low-key. As before, I started emailing parents a few weeks ago. I am so grateful that so many people were willing to help out.
As I was setting up for the party, 5 minutes before it was supposed to start, I was the only parent there. I started going in panic mode, wondering if I should hurry and hit up Pinterest or just wing it. But luckily everyone showed up just as it was about to start! Bean was sooo excited to hand out her super-decorated-Valentines. Unfortunately I think she got mixed up on who she'd handed one out to and who she hadn't...and she ran out. Luckily I don't think her friends will notice if they didn't get one. The party was over so quickly--we only had an hour and 4 activities to get through. I considered it a huge success though. (PS I am so mad because I didn't realize until later that I didn't get one picture of the party! I guess I was too busy trying to do damage control at the cookie decorating station.)
S's mom did us a huge favor that day. Boy got sick a few days before. He was really contagious so I couldn't take him with me (S was working.) S's mom said she'd watch him for me and I was so grateful--I was afraid I might have to miss the party. As we were going to pick up Boy, Bean and I delivered her hand-made Valentines to both Grandmas and Grandpas. I ordered a pizza for dinner and called it a 'very long, but fun' day.
Yesterday was the main event. S was working and my only plans involved giving Valentines to my kids and making heart-shaped pancakes for dinner. I had forgotten to leave S's Valentine in his bag before he left for work, so I ended up slamming him with funny and ironic Valentine memes all day. It was actually a little more fun than what I'd planned on giving him. I bought a few fun things for the kids this year and, very much at the last minute, made them some cute Valentines using my Silhouette (can I tell you how many times this machine has saved me now?!) Bean knows from the last few years that I leave them their surprises on the table before dinner, but Boy didn't really understand why I wouldn't let him come in the dining room. He seemed to catch on pretty quickly. Bean told me that Valentine's Day was officially her favorite holiday--even better than Christmas. (Whoa.)
I am so grateful to have these little Valentines of mine. They make things so much fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment