In reference to the title, if you were to ask my kids what the best thing was that we did this summer, they would tell you it was our trip to Liberty Park.
We had planned on taking the kids to Lagoon this summer but we realized just how expensive it was going to be (and didn't want to relive Disneyland last year when Boy decided an hour was good for him and he was done.) So when we were trying to think of something else fun we could do, I remembered the rides at Liberty Park. I wasn't even sure they were still there, but they were and the kids had a blast!
We went over to Tracy Aviary, too. I hadn't been there in a long time--it was really nice, I could tell they had done a lot to improve it.
The best ride we went on was the ferris wheel. It didn't open until later in the day. Boy did not like the merry-go-round, so I wasn't sure he'd like the ferris wheel, but he ended up loving it!
By this time they had opened up the canyon fountains so we let the kids go play in them for awhile. My only regret was that we hadn't thought to pack their swimming suits.
We topped off the day with Slurpees. They talked about this day for weeks. I was so happy they enjoyed it. Liberty Park was one of my favorite places to go when I was a kid, and it sound like it will be the same for Bean and Boy!





1 comment:
You by far have done more fun things than we have! It's Iowa. We have corn. bahaha! I think we went to Liberty Park once when Makaya was probably Boy's age. It was a cross between "what looked fun and maybe I should hold my kids' hands the whole time." I hope it's a lot better?
Post a Comment