One of Mally's favorite activities is to run across the living room and jump across the couch, beating me to the stairs. Well, Billy decided to follow her last night when I got home. Poor cat barely made it on top of the couch and then he toppled onto the floor.
If you ever see our two cats together, it's really quite funny. Billy is extra chubby and Mally is extra skinny. So if you put them together I guess I have two normal sized cats. It's not that Billy's excessive eating habits are starving Mally, either; whenever I feed them, he understands that Mally is his superior and he will wait until she goes in and sniffs the food. She is somewhat disinterested in food and hardly sticks around to eat. At this point, Billy will go in and eat his food. And then he will eat her food.
I have tried to come up with solutions which will stop Billy from eating so much and encourage Mally to eat more. The only thing I can think of is to shut Mally in the room with the food and to shut Billy out. The problem with this is that I am quite certain that Mally has taught herself to open doors, so she would let herself out of the room and Billy would come in. And then he would eat her food.
We've also tried the exercise thing with Billy. The best thing that works is to shine a laser light on the wall. He goes nuts...for about 5 minutes. And then he sits and stares at it, purrs for awhile, and falls asleep.
~
My cute SIL tagged me last week. I liked the idea of thinking of 8 things I wish for:
1. I wish that someday I will be able to play the piano part of Gershwin's "Rhapsody in Blue". (A Steinway would be nice to play it on, too.)
2. I wish that being a dance instructor/choreographer paid better. I often think that I gave up the best job I ever had to start my career.
3. I wish for some really cool scrapbook gadgets! Namely, the Ribbon Organizer by simply renee, the Slice, an Epson Stylus and my own laptop to do nothing but digital scrapbook on.
4. I wish for S to be able to get into medic school sooner than later and to FINALLY get that big fire on his shift & in his station's area.
5. I wish that I was more sure of myself. I am always doing things and second guessing myself. I talk myself out of things that I KNOW I can do all of the time.
6. I wish I wasn't such an angry driver. Let's face it: as many drivers as there are on the road, people are bound to do stupid things. I just don't need to get so worked up about it. I'm not an aggressive driver and I don't have [that bad of] road rage, but I do get ticked off fairly easily and take it personally when someone cuts me off. As I leave for work, S often says, "Have a good day, sweetie. I love you! Don't get mad at other drivers!" In that order. I'm not even joking.
7. I wish for less time at work and more time to travel.
8. I wish that someday I will be able to be a good mom. If I am even half the mom to my someday-kids that my mom was to me, they will be the luckiest kids in the whole world. I am really blessed to have been raised by such a great mom (and dad.)
~
I always enjoy Primary Program Sunday. This year I got to be a part of it! Sitting in the stands and watching the congregation was somewhat amusing. As each child stood up to recite their well-rehearsed line, I could tell which parents were theirs by how much they beamed over the rest of the crowd. I could also tell which mom belonged to the goof-ball Sunbeam who decided to shout all of the words to "I Love to See the Temple." Her look was best defined as, "You are in SO much trouble and we WILL be talking about this when we get home."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I am so stinking excited to meet Billy!
I love cats... my cat is fat too and we used a laser to run him up and down the stairs! It was so funny and he actually did it, up and down up and down for quite a while, until he plopped over and was panting with his tongue hanging out! Whenever we tried it after that first time he would just watch the laser intently rather than wear himself out running up and down the stairs. He learned his lesson!
I guess I didn't mention your cats in my post because I never see them. Sorry, no I don't think they are chopped meat. I'm sure they are great. Next time I mention cats in my blogging I'll be sure to mention yours. :-)
Post a Comment