Sunday, February 22, 2009

Something short and sweet.

We discovered our library this week. It's awesome! You can, like, get books and movies there for free! Just kidding, I know what a library is but, sadly, don't use it as often as I should. Hopefully that will change.

While there, we picked up the Richard Dutcher movie, States of Grace, and watched it last night. I don't know who of you have/have not seen it, but it was so great. I remember when it came out how critics actually liked it. Not that I base my interest in movies on what critics say, but when they like a Mormon movie (Mormovie?) it does peak my curiosity. I've always liked Dutcher's movies. He takes such an interesting approach on mormonism. I'm not going to say a whole lot about it (hoping to encourage you to see it if you haven't) but I will say it was sooo refreshing to see missionaries in such a different light. I would assume, having never been on a mission myself, that there are scenarios presented in this movie that are more true to life regarding what missionaries actually have to deal with. Especially for those serving in areas like these missionaries were.

Plus, it made me cry. Always a good sign!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

That is a really good movie. I really enjoyed it. The end scene is a tear jerker. It definitely set me off.

Lauren said...

Never seen the movie, glad you liked it though. Hey, I was wondering if your hubby would have any information about fire fighters coming to talk to Young Women groups about getting CPR certified?