Sunday, April 12, 2009

In case you haven't heard, we are having a...


GIRL!!!

I have told several people that I am concerned that my maternal instincts are so off before this baby is even born! The clues were there, I suppose, but I stubbornly held strict to the assurity that it was a boy. And I was wrong.

Several have asked if I'm okay with this change of events and I say ABSOLUTELY! I've had to adjust my way of thinking/planning a little bit but I am still really excited! Having a girl definately changes things. Pink instead of blue; My Little Pony instead of G.I. Joe; dance classes instead of peewee football (really thrilled about that one!!); sunbonnets instead of baseball caps; fairy parties instead of pirate parties...the list goes on and on. I would say "Barbie's Dream Corvette instead of Firetrucks" but I'm pretty sure she'll have both!

I've already put much thought into the different challenges we'll face raising a daughter first and I have to admit that sometimes I start to panic a little. (It doesn't help when people say things, like, oh, boys are so much easier to raise than girls...) However I try to remember that each stage of life is just that: a stage. And that as she grows, I will grow. That helps me feel better.

I already expected it, but this pregnancy has changed so much for S and I in only a week. I find myself staring at her ultrasound pictures in awe. As I've studied the one of her profile, I can see similarities between her, S, and I already and it is just the most incredible feeling I've had thus far. It has also made me impatient in the sense that I am so anxious to meet her in person and see what kind of cute little personality she develops!

(Cute little baby girl from openclipart.org.)

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I am SO excited for you guys! I will say I thought it was going to be a boy also, but a girl is awesome too. That will be so fun!

Shboogoo's Mommy said...

That's exciting! We were happy when we found out that "Shboogoo" was a girl. I thought it was a girl, though. So far she has been pretty easy to raise. It probably helps that I am a girl so I know what it's like to be one. We can't wait to meet our baby either.