We are now about 2 weeks into our new little adventure, and a crazy, fulfilling, emotional two weeks it's been! She arrived without any complication (to her or her mommy) and was met with so many open arms to give her hugs and kisses. I am amazed at how popular this little kiddo already is!
The hospital stay (which I opted to extend to the maximum length) was sort of a blur with visitors and nurses and doctors. Not to mention I was on some pretty heavy pain medication and received multiple infusions to tame some underlying medical problems which have a tendency to flare up postpartum. We got home a week ago Sunday and, well, to say I was overwhelmed was a little bit of an understatement! Luckily I have been blessed to have S home the last few weeks and he has stepped in and done so much so that I could have time to heal and acclimate to mommyhood. I'm feeling pretty amazing for it only being a few weeks!
Now to Bean. She is the darn cutest baby I think I have ever seen (and although I might be a little biased, I have had several others agree with me!) Minus a few feeding problems, she has a really happy disposition and has already slept several hours through a few nights. (Although S is getting up with her at night so I can get a full night's sleep, so he'd have to tell you how she really is at night. Poor guy.) As I hold her and rock her I am filled with the most overwhelming feeling of gratitude. I have heard so many mothers say the same thing--that having children changes your life. It's true and I can say I finally "get it" now. Besides my marriage, she is the best thing that has ever happened to me!
3 comments:
I'm so happy that little Bean is here!! I wanna scrapbook the ever living daylights out of her :D She is so beautiful!
She is darling! What a cutie. I'm glad that you are doing well. I would love a link to your other blog if that's okay.
She's beautiful! Congrats, you guys!
Post a Comment