Sunday, June 6, 2010

Fresh Air




Finally...



The weather cooperated enough for us (S, Bean, my parents and I) to go up to our family cabin this last Friday. We couldn't stay overnight (S had to be to work the next morning) but we maxed out the time we had there. We had to get up early (7--that's early for me and Bean) to get my Jetta in for some service so Bean was pretty tired when we got up to the cabin. There is something in the air up there because she took one of the most solid naps I've seen her take in a long time. Solid enough to completely ignore the string trimmer and lawn mower going right outside her bedroom window. I'm still wondering why I didn't take a nap myself.

We found an old quilt to spread out on the porch and let Bean go to town. She loved it! She has this new thing where she actually smiles! Haha, she actually smiles a lot but only for us and only when the camera isn't around. I think this photo is golden.


After some lunch, S and I played frisbee for awhile. I almost took out my parents, who were sitting on the porch, on several occasions. I suck at frisbee. We scouted out a few spots to hang a tire swing for Bean and made plans to revamp my treehouse that my dad and brother made for me when I was little. My mom says it's going to be exciting to have kids up there again. I agree.

2 comments:

Hall Family said...

That is so fun! :) The background looks beautiful! And absolutely love Bean's smile! Cute cute cute!

Shboogoo's Mommy said...

I'm glad you guys enjoyed the time there. It would have been nice to have a family cabin when I was growing up (we still don't). I agree, the photo of Bean is golden!