Have I ever mentioned how, as a kid on our family vacations, I would pack up every stuffed animal I owned into our tiny camper and line them up on my bed at night? (It sort of looked like that famous scene with E.T. hiding in the closet full of stuffed animals.) I had major separation anxiety and would dread the thought of leaving any of my "family" behind. I mean, what if something happened to them while I was gone?! My parents were so nice.
To call me sentimental would be an understatement. Anything tangible object that holds any sort of meaning (and is less than 12 x 12) gets filed away in my "to scrapbook" pile. I don't know what makes me this way, but from the above story it is something I've obviously carried around with me forever.You can imagine how I am dealing with the idea of selling our house.

It is something we have been talking about for some time. It always felt so far off in the distance, though. Now here we are with the picket in our front yard.
I have a lot of positive feelings. I am excited to start a new adventure. Excited to have more square footage of garden to dig my hands into. Excited to possibly have a front porch on which to relish summer evenings.
But I will miss our home. So many good things have happened since we moved in 5+ years ago.
If only it were smaller than 12 x 12...
Fine Print: Images are from DownTownToysandGames.com and ChicagoPropertyInvestment.com. No, we are not moving to Chicago.
2 comments:
Oh, how exciting! Where are you looking to move?
I never responded! Sorry! We bought a home just a few miles away from where we are right now. I'll blog about it eventually :)
Post a Comment