More updates from fb. (It's just easier that way!)
Monday at 1:30 pm: Update 3: Evac has been lifted! Home confirmed burned to ground 3 streets over. That is a little too close for comfort...hopefully that will be all of the updates for now.
Today at 1:30 pm: Final update (I'll be putting pictures up later I'm sure): S says home is livable, it just smells like a campfire. Waiting patiently for our home to be assessed to be cleaned--sure it will take awhile. So if I smell like smoke for the next few weeks... :) Going home tonight and so excited. I'm not only overwhelmed by the sense of comradre amongst our community, but on a personal level for also for all of the offers to help us out with material things and a roof overhead. I am so touched, thank you. S said they had people cheering for them as they drove by in their firetruck in an adjacent neighborhood yesterday. I got chills. He stopped by our house in his bunkers, neighbors came out to talk to him. What a great way to meet neighbors! haha Amazing to see that we can all rise from the ashes. Literally :) And the cats are okay :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment