- Around 7 p.m. Sunday night: Guess who could possibly be going to fight the fire that has evacuated us? Crazy Sunday!
ksl.com - Large fire burning near Camp Williams
www.ksl.com
Crews are working to contain a large fire burning near Camp Williams and Herriman Sunday afternoon.
- Just after midnight: The latest: sounds like the fire is pretty close to our street but I am optimistic our home will be okay. Still, I wish I had been home for the evac so I could have gathered some important things (including the kitties.) We've only been in our new home for 3 weeks; S pointed out we haven't even made our first payment yet! We both admitted that we looked at the mountain when we moved in and thought, hmmm, if that ever catches on fire that could be bad...I'm sure I'll be bloggin about this one!
- 11 o'clock this morning: Update 2: Just heard from S. He snuck up to our house at 4 this morning (being in a firetruck helps! No one questioned him!) It's still there but there is a lot of smoke damage. We are going to have to do some major cleaning. Just hoping our pets are okay. He is headed up to fight the fire right now. This is all so surreal...Evacuation still not lifted for our area so I don't know when I'll be going home. And even when I can go home, it's still uninhabitable for the time being. Taking some time off work to go shopping to get through the next couple of days. Good thing I like to shop! Thanks everyone for all of your thoughts and prayers. Prayers are what made the winds shift from the north last night.
I probably shouldn't be working right now. My mind isn't exactly all here :) We are all affected by it some how. Lulu opened of the Red Cross shelter last night. KK's sister lives a block west of me and was also evacuated. Moreno lives down the road from me but was far enough away to have it not be a problem.
I can officially call myself an evacuee.
1 comment:
Wow! I'm glad you guys are okay and the fire didn't get your house. I hope that there isn't too much smoke damage to it.
Post a Comment