Saturday, October 30, 2010

This little piggy...

I was going through my photos from this past summer and I found these pictures of her:
visiting them:


I love Wheeler Farm and looking at these pictures made me feel nostalgic for summer all over again. It really hasn't been to long since we were enjoying the blissful days of late summer. But it snowed this week. Which means our bimonthly visits to the farm for a picnic are over.

I've had a hard time lately for reasons that I can't really pinpoint. The seasons are changing and my life just feels out of sync. Moving has definitely taken more of a toll on me than I think I would have imagined. We are in our home home now, not just our starter home. That should feel like a relief. But I find myself being plagued by the walls that I loved most when we first walked through the home. They are bare and still reveal that our house is really just that. A house. I want to start making it a home.

Another thing I have deeply missed is the ability to go out and garden. At our first home we had a tiny garden that provided me more relief than just about anything. I would plant flowers and vegetables every spring and nurture them to adulthood. October meant hauling away all of the decaying plants and making room in anticipation of next spring. Not having that opportunity has left me feeling a little empty.

So I am going to try and haul away all of the stressful events of this year and make room in anticipation for what is to come in my life. With our home, my family, my job. I have so much to be grateful for. It is coming to be that time of year again when it is a chance to reflect on gratitude and blessings. And I am going to try to be more patient and maybe it won't feel too long until I am home. With a garden to boot.

No comments: