Possibly the best part of my day was when S took Bean out to do some "secret shopping" and I was left home. All alone. I cranked up Pandora and broke out my scrapbooking supplies. It was so great! It's not that I don't love being home with Bean and S but, well, it can be a little distracting at times. Especially since Bean's newest game involves hiding my supplies in places known only to her. (Example: I found my embossing pen in the laundry room. ???)
I had to go see my neurologist and the dentist that day. Yup, I'll probably not schedule Dr.'s appointments on my birthday again. That was sort of depressing. But sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. By the way I had no cavities! Well, at least I didn't before all of the birthday cake I've been putting away this week.
My mom cooked the annual birthday dinner for me again. I absolutely can't wait for it every year. And every year it is just as good as I remembered it the year before. Bean missed out on the party. Being gone all day meant her naptime fell just around dinner time. I actually really missed her. Dinner is not as lively without her around.
And what would birthdays be without PRESENTS?!
My parents took me shopping to pick out a new watch. The last two I've had have died within a couple of years so hopefully this one will last me for just a little bit longer!
Bean got me this (S says she picked it out herself):

And S got me this:
The Nook is a heated topic. It seems either people love or hate the idea of an e-reader. I was very skeptical at first but after a coworker (who brings hers to work every night) told me about hers (...and after I realized you can access the county library with them) the idea became much more intriguing. This particular version (the Nook color) allows you to download children's interactive books and it has Pandora which I am super excited about. It hasn't been released yet so I should get it in a couple of weeks. Also, I'm a little technologically handicap so we'll see how it goes. And to go with this S's parents got me a B&N giftcard which I am trying my hardest to not use to buy books for Bean :)So while I had a pretty good day, it was a little bittersweet at the same time because you can only go one place from turning 29 and that is turning 30. I might have a countdown going, but I'm trying hard not to dwell on it. Another coworker told me that her sister had a hard time with her 30th birthday so to cope she planned a trip to Europe over her birthday. I think that is a fabulous idea. I am open to Europe. Or Hawaii.
1 comment:
I totally hear ya on the 30 thing... it is SO weird to think we're turning 30 next year! really weird. Anyway... I'm intrigued now by the Nook from what you said... the library? and pandora? that sounds like a super fun little gadget! glad you had a happy birthday with no cavities! :)
Post a Comment