Wednesday, January 18, 2012

We thought she turned out pretty cute...




So we decided to try it again!

Yup, Bean is "welcoming" her new little brother/sister on or around July 13th!

Here's the pregnancy recap so far:





  • I have been sick. as. a. dog. Far worse than with the Bean. But I've felt much better the last two weeks so hopefully I'm out of the woods.


  • I am 15 weeks today, putting my EDD at Friday the 13th of July. Luckily, this kid is going to come c-section (unless he/she comes earlier than my scheduled surgery date) so we are tentatively planning on 07/06/12.


  • I am 95% sure this one is a boy. Just like last time. But for real this time.


  • S is an amazing Mr. Mom. My lack of energy has left a lot of areas of my "responsibilities" undone and he has graciously picked up where I've left off.


  • Our growing family has necessitated (is that a word?) finishing part of our basement. So between that, a new nursery, and a yard to take care of now, this year promises to be a busy one. That's okay, making time fly is fine with me. (PS--don't worry, we aren't putting either of the kiddos down in the basement yet! A craft room for me and a bathroom to use post-workout.)


  • I'm not really showing (just like Bean's pregnancy) but I feel pregnant. This baby seems to want to occupy my pleural cavity more than protrude, so I'm preparing myself to feel like I can't breathe or eat. Seriously: the only way I know I'm hungry is when I start feeling a little faint.


  • My aversions this time around have included Christmas (so sad) and coupons. I can't look at coupons any more. No cravings yet.


Obviously, we are really excited. And by we I mean S and I. Bean knows there is a baby in mommy's tummy but when we ask her where the baby is, half the time she lifts up her shirt and points to her belly button. It probably won't hit Bean that she is no longer an only child until she is 5. But as long as she is willing to give the baby lots of kisses (and an occasional binki) I'll be happy.

4 comments:

Shboogoo's Mommy said...

Your aversions crack me up. :) I hope you are feeling less sick.

ChristopheRobyn said...

How exciting! That is awesome news. I totally laughed about the aversion to coupons. I hope the second trimester treats you well!

Katie said...

Hillary mentioned to me that she'd seen on Facebook that you were expecting. Congratulations!! I'm also pregnant, and I'm due July 7th. If it helps you feel better, I am still feeling sick and struggling to keep up with my family. I keep telling Sam, "this kid better be cute!" considering all the trouble he/she is causing me. I hope you continue to feel better, and that it is a smooth pregnancy. Congrats!

Emily H. said...

Katie: How exciting! You are actually the 4th person I know of due within a week of me! I hope that you are able to handle your sickness and family responsibilities. It sure is tougher than the first time around...