Sunday, April 8, 2012
I couldn't believe it when I looked at my last entry and realized it has been about 6 weeks since I last posted. Mostly I couldn't believe that there was that much time that had passed! I do have to admit I was pretty busy working 4 of those weeks--I've covered extra shifts plenty of times before but there is something about being pregnant that just wipes you out!! So another one of those weeks was simply recovering. So really by those calculations I'm only accountable for 1 week, right? Anyway, not that it's all been boring. S has celebrated a milestone birthday and of course, today is Easter so we've had a lot of fun with that. But those deserve a post (and pictures) of their own, so today I'll just highlight a few of our recent going-ons.
S has finished our basement as much as he can. We are waiting to have someone come do the drywall and then (hopefully) the rest of it will go at lightening speed. We are approaching the 28 week mark with Boy (CRAZY!) so it feels a little like crunch time. I was telling S last night that it felt like at 28 weeks we had a nearly completed nursery for the Bean and a closet full of clothes. Boy's room is--well, still my craft room and the crib is--well, collecting dust in the basement. But hey. We still have 12-ish weeks... Speaking of closet full of clothes, I (and I think I can speak for S, too) have had so much fun buying little boy outfits! Who knew that there was so much cute stuff out there??
Bean seems to be accepting her role as big sister-to-be wholeheartedly. She gives Boy "Sandwich Kisses" at night and (thanks to her daddy) pokes on my belly and says "Boy, come out!" (*Note* I must say we have already named this little guy and she knows his name and where he is. But for the purposes of this blog he is Boy. For now. Until I come up with something as endearing as Bean. Poor kid is already the second child, isn't he...) The part of me that misses breathing and enjoying meals wishes he would come out too. But I am wise enough to know that he's better off where he is right now. So if you hear me complaining, just ignore me.
S and I finally went and saw a financial advisor. I can honestly say that if I didn't feel grown up before, I do now. Nothing like planning out your retirement and such to make you feel like a senior citizen at heart. But I am really glad that S took the initiative. Net worth + kids = responsible planning. Plus it's nice to dream of all of the free time we'll have some day. (ha.)
And as if this post could not get any drier, I can tell you that I've had my head stuck in our new instruments at work trying to get them validated for use. I've looked at this project as my baby that is due before my baby. Nothing like hearing the words "validation" and "concordance" and "specificity/sensitivity" repeatedly that make you want to bang your head against a wall repeatedly. But it's been a good experience all over again (remember, I did this 3 and 5 years ago, too.) It's just made me want to turn my free time (at work) into devoted attention to the Bachelor. Now that is another post entirely...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment