So I have a really lame excuse for a hiatus in blogging lately. My dear, beloved picnik.com went out of business (BOO!) and I've been stuck wondering how to edit my pictures when I'm away from my laptop (and since I blog away from my laptop quite often, that presents a problem!) Also I hate the new blogger format.
However it didn't take long and there is now a great new, free online photo editor: picmonkey! Picnik, picmonkey...I'm starting to wonder if picmonkey coming to existence within weeks of picnik going away is merely a coincidence. There are an awful lot of similarities.
Anyway, I'm back in business. For now.
(I just love this picture. Even if a speck of dust on the lense makes me look like a raccoon.)
I've been thinking a lot lately why I even blog. It takes up a lot of time and sometimes I feel like I'm just repeating the same thing over and over. In fact, I've gone back and read through my blog (mostly the family one) before and realized that I had the same information in multiple posts. I guess it would do me well to go back and read my old stuff more often! Anyway. I've actually been thinking about why I blog since SPARK last fall. Remember I was going to post about that someday. Okay, seeing as I'm closer to SPARK #4 than #3 I'll probably just wait now.
There was this panel of "professional bloggers" that they invited to come speak to us at SPARK and I think the whole point was to motivate us to want to blog more. Or better. Whatever. I ended up feeling completely uninspired and it actually turned me off of posting on my creative blog. These were just business ladies (might I add a little snooty, too--especially the gal from Le Petit Elefant--wow she sure was special) out to make a doller at the end of the day. I started noticing that most of the fun crafty blogs that I have favored for a long time were alternating giveaways and new sponsorships with mildly interesting posts. If this was the real world of crafty blogging I wasn't sure I wanted to be a part of it.
Then I noticed that the amount of people whose blogs I frequent were posting less and less. So then I wondered if ANYONE even blogs anymore, let alone reads my little corner of the web. I sure have been tempted to just cancel the whole emjh blogging thing altogether.
But then I realized as I was reading through a bunch of old posts that it was a lot of fun to read through my history over the last few years. I decided that even if I was the only one who ever went back to read it, that was fine. Of course, you the reader (if, like I questioned "you the reader" even exists anymore) are more than welcome to follow along.
So until blogger becomes so ridulously hard to use, I'll keep keeping up with these little ol' blogs of mine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
you and I are on the same wavelength. I've decided I blog for me and for the kids....so that one day they'll have proof I wasn't crazy ;)
I've been debating the same things lately. But like you I enjoyed reading through my old ones and eventually wanna make them into a book...someday?
I am reading...
Oooo! I'm reading too! Your out-of-town friends love that you update your blog!
Post a Comment