Seriously, we went from having 2 outfits to a few dozen in a matter of an hour.
Also this is the only prego-picture I have posted, and probably will post, on this blog. Not because I am ashamed of my very round basketball belly, but because I just have taken no pictures this time around. I resolve to remember to take my camera to the hospital so Boy ends up with a decent amount of newborn pictures.
(Look at all of our cute blood bank babies! I wish the Bean could have come, too!)
We went from having no nursery to an adorable nursery in a matter of a few weeks. I wasn't sure it would happen, but everything came together.
Top to bottom (if you click on the picture, it enlarges:)
- Bean really is the one who chose the theme: transportation. And animals. I love it.
- I got these really cool sketch prints of the transcontinental trains from the Golden Spike commeration several years ago for free. My mom (who keeps everything) found them at her house a few years ago and asked if I wanted them back. I had no idea what I would do with them, but I took them anyway. When we decided to do a train room for the Boy, I knew they would be perfect. They were probably the most expensive thing we did, but getting them framed by someone who knows what they are doing is worth it in my mind. They look fantastic in there. Plus it's not like we had to buy new furniture this time around.
- Speaking of. the crib finally made it's way out of our dusty basement.
- My favorite thing about the room is Boy's name art. No one sells large, premade train shapes so I had to make my own. I thought they turned out okay (there is a matching caboose at the end of his name.)
- I feel like I lived in this chair after the Bean was born. We are about to become reacquainted.
- On a last minute shopping spree, I found these awesome metal die-cast tractor and airplane figures to go on his very bare shelves. I also found this lamp at Target which has construction vehicles all over it. It felt sort of serendipitous to me.


2 comments:
I think your basketball belly is cute!!
COngrats on the sweet new baby!
I really like the group picture, the adorable nursery, and your son's name. :)
Post a Comment