Sunday, October 28, 2012

The Summer of the Umbrella

*NOTE*  I have so many fun things to post about from this last summer that I'm afraid my blog is going to be a nonsequential mismash for awhile.

Those of you who live in/have ties to Utah might remember this past summer as being one of the most hot, driest summers we've had in a long time.  Despite that fact, it seemed like we had a lot of awesome rainstorms.

And Bean danced in most of them.

One evening, on the week Boy and I returned home from the hospital, I asked Bean is she wanted to go with me to return some dishes to a neighbor from a fantastic meal we'd received the night before.  I just happened to grab an umbrella because the sky looked a little threatening.  I'm sure glad I did because by the time we reached our destination it was Pouring!!

Bean really wanted to hold on to the umbrella but I convinced her that her "twice-the-height-as-you" mommy should probably carry it.  I promised her, however, that she could play with it all she wanted as soon as we got home.

She took me up on it.  That rainstorm and every rainstorm after.

Sometimes the occasion called for her matching firefighter rain jacket and rain boots.  Sometimes she went as is.  Sometimes she hardly got a drop of water on her.  Sometimes she came inside soaking wet.  Whenever there was even a hint of a rainstorm, she would start asking me if she could go outside and play.  This was perfectly fine with me.  I, too, love playing in the rain.