If there is one thing that I believe epitomizes summer far above anything else, it's baseball.
Every year S's family meets together to go to a game on or around the July 24th holiday. This year S's brother and his family were in town. Bean was in heaven to be able to play with her cousins the whole time we were there. And eat their food.
We weren't sure whether or not we would go this year, since Boy had just been born, but I just felt like getting out and going to a game. Boy surprised us: he was an absolute angel the whole time! The only glitch concerning him was that I forgot diapers. (I was only 3 weeks into this new experience. I've learned...) Luckily, a newborn bladder isn't too big so we squeaked by on that one.
My favorite part of that particular game is that they show fireworks at the end. Bean has been before, but it has been a few years and so this was really her first firework display. We moved a few rows forward to get a better view and I held her on my lap. She loved them! (How can you not?! At this ballpark they are practically on top of us!) Another favorite thing is that they choreograph the display to music. This year was particularly exceptional. To this day, whenever I hear a song from that game it takes me back to summer.
Boy also did very well for his first experience with fireworks: he slept right through them!


No comments:
Post a Comment