I have 2 confessions.
(1) I was ready to box up Christmas on the 26th of a December (a far cry from my childhood days of whining while we took the tree down on New Years Day. I could have kept Christmas year 'round back then.)
(2) I look forward to doing this and my goal post starting back in November. I don't know what it is about wrapping up the old year and starting anew.
So here we go with my Random Superlatives for this past year...
~Favorite book read (even though it took me for-e-ver to get through:) Memoirs of a Geisha
~Favorite movie checked out from the library and watched on a night S was working, just so he wouldn't harrass me: Memoirs of a Geisha
~Best deal that ended up costing me more money in the end: going to Downeast Basics for an $80 pair of capris...only to find that they were 40% off that day! So I bought 2 pair...
~Most incredible new recipe tried (and to be shared on my craft blog at some point, don't worry:) Black and White Cupcakes from The Sweet Tooth Fairy
~Best use of a cooking appliance rarely ever used before: Slow Cooker (Seriously. It's probably had more use this year than the last 10 years we've owned it.)
~Best personal trainer: Bean. After my c-section, she took me on several walks to the juice station on the maternity floor. She wanted juice. I needed to get back on my feet. Perfect solution.
~Favorite song: Three-way tie between Adele 'Skyfall,' David Guetta 'Titanium,' and September 'Cry For You.'
~Best gift received (other than having S home for Christmas for the first time in 4 years...which was my facebook status update and which I very sincerely meant:) it could be the room (and desk and shelves...) that S built for me. Or it could be my new iPhone Santa brought me. Or it could be my kitty-cat footsie pajamas (there's a whole other story behind that one.) But I would have to say my 4 stone birthstone pendant he gave to me on our 10th anniversary in the very spot where we first met. One of the most memorable moments I've ever shared with him.
~Scariest moment: being left home alone with 2 kids for a week while S went to some out of state training. Boy was only 10 weeks old. Nothing catastrophic happened but I sure was glad to see S again!
~Favorite movie I expected to like (and did:) a tie between The Hunger Games and The Avengers
~Favorite movie I didn't expect to like as much as I did: What to Expect when You're Expecting. Might have just been the proximity between watching this and Boy being born, but I cracked up during almost the whole movie!
~Thing I didn't miss at all while I was home with the kiddos this summer: Work politics, obnoxious behavior, and the doomsday-ism that tends to come with my job. (Wow, that makes it sound horrible. It really isn't that bad...)
~Thing that I don't miss about being home all of the time: the constant poopy diapers and spit-up that comes with a new bundle of joy.
~Proudest moment at work: validating two new instruments in record time AND validating them both to do antibody identifications when I was 8 1/2 months pregnant. (I can multitask.)
~Proudest moment at home: when Bean came to me and told me that she had written her own name down. I kind of nodded my head, "uh-huh," and didn't think much more until I went in the other room and...she had written her own name. She's three going on twelve. Also, surviving potty-training at the first of the year.
~Favorite date with S: I loved our trip to Atlanta together last January (even though I nearly slept through half of it.) I also loved our first evening out without the kids after Boy was born--an anniversary dinner up at Log Haven and then milling around City Creek for a few hours. But the thing I remember the most was when Boy started sleeping well enough through the night so that S and I could stay up after the kids went to bed and watch a movie. (I may have actually fallen asleep then, too, but I was thrilled when S suggested the idea! It's the little things that show progress...)
~Favorite new website: Houzz. It's like Pinterest, but with home design and remodeling in mind. Their weekly emails are full of fantistic ideas (that I then pin to Pinterest, haha.)
~Most unexpected reaction on Christmas morning: when Bean refused to come downstairs because she thought that Santa Claus was still there. Nothing like starting off the morning with kicking and screaming...
~Best new addition to the family: Boy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Fun list. :) I think it'd be fun to get our families together. Haven't talked to D, but what do you think?
Post a Comment