Sunday, January 20, 2013

Why I would be terrible in the Secret Service...

A few weeks ago at work I went out to move my car into covered parking for the evening (it so beats scraping windows at midnight.)  While I was coming back in I noticed that our medical helicopter was about to take off.  Now I've mentioned before that I have this strange fascination with fighter jets.  Well, this strange fascination encompasses helicopters, too.  I think they defy physics.  I don't understand how they fly.  And I'm always slightly afraid when I'm near one that it will crash.  But I find them oddly interesting.  So I stayed to watch it take off.

Then I decided to take a few pictures.

It started taking off.



Then it started turning towards me.



Crap.  I shoved my phone back in my pocket.  It could be an odd coincidence, but I totally think I was busted because the helicopter made a full 180 towards me, paused a moment, then turned back around and took off.  I felt like an idiot.  But hey, at least I got some good pictures, right?

No comments: