Egg Hunt
We decided to go to our community egg-hunt again this year. (If you will remember, last year I wasn't too thrilled with how it turned out. But it just didn't seem appropriate not to go.)
We got there plenty early and, thankfully, the weather was much warmer this year. Bean probably didn't need the jacket but she chose her University of Utah t-shirt to wear that morning. The hazards of letting your 3 year old dress herself...
She ended up waiting next to a little girl who shared her name. That became a little confusing.
As we neared the time for the hunt to begin, I could tell that my coaching was doing no good and this girl, who is in the midst of a major "shy phase," wasn't going anywhere without me. There had just been an announcement that no parents were allowed on the field for the 3-4 year olds. Normally I would be, like, great! But I knew this was going to mean that Bean wasn't going to end up with one thing in her basket. Sure enough...
Luckily, most of the other 3-4 year olds were pushed on the field with a dazed look on their faces. So slowly parents started going out and, politely, pointing out things for their kiddos to put in their baskets. The cookies that Bean had been eyeing were gone, but she still ended up with quite a few things including a bunch of empty eggs. Some kid had gone and emptied all of the candy and dumped the plastic shells on the field. Bean did not care. In fact, these empty eggs were her biggest treasures found that day.
Egg Hunt p.2
I had a family obligation that afternoon so we decided to do our home egg hunt when I got home that evening. I commented to S that it would be great to do the hunt outdoors again this year, especially since it was warmer. S started cracking up with a hint of irony--he then told me he had just barely fertilized the lawn and that we wouldn't be able to walk on it for several days. Soo...we settled for an indoor hunt. Which was really fine by me! Except if you lose an egg indoors...
Bean was so excited and up to the task!
Not only did she find her own basket but she was able to find Boy's.
This year the Easter Bunny brought her lots of stickers and coloring books. Hardly any candy. A chocolate bunny, of course, and some chocolate crunch eggs (because I happen to love those) but the kiddo is still working on Valentines candy. The hit was a pair of easter-bunny sunglasses.
Easter Photos
I had two kiddos to dress up for Easter this year so I was extra-excited to take their pictures before church.
First one was pretty good, but Bean kept her bunny glasses on.
Second one was good, but I lost Boy's attention.
Then Bean decided that it was Boy's turn to wear the bunny glasses.
Finally. This is about as good as it gets :)
Egg Hunt p.3
Grandma and Grandpa H. had an egg hunt at their house after dinner. Bean loved looking for eggs with her cousins!
Bean told me that Easter is her most favorite holiday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


















1 comment:
All of it cute! Love beans dress and the glasses! Haha
Post a Comment