Sunday, September 1, 2013

Days of 47 Parade Float Preview (July 23rd 2013)

S's mom did me a favor and watched Boy while Bean and I went to get our hair done one afternoon.  She invited us to all go with them to see the parade floats that evening--I loved this idea!  S was working and it would give me something to bribe Bean with the rest of the day!  I had no idea just how great it would be, though.  I think I sense a new tradition coming on!

I expected there to be tons and tons of people there (admission was free, after all) but the crowds weren't bad at all.  Plus it was airconditioned.  Plus Bean could get up super close to the floats.


It's hard to see, but in the very back of this picture you can see a fireman 'flying' on a stick.  Obviously I had to take a picture to send to S.


The back of my in-laws' Stake's float for the parade this year (this was the whole reason we went.)  Of course I voted for it to win.


Now that is a good looking float.


Props to the hometown. 


My true favorite float (as well as Bean's.)  It was a caterpillar on a roller-coaster track.  What's not to love?!


I say a new tradition was born because we were essentially able to see the whole 'parade' in under an hour.  Someone mentioned not having bands there and, just then, a Scottish Bagpipe Marching Band started marching around the display.  So there you go.  Plus no cranky kids from waking up early and sitting in the sun for hours on end.  We watched the parade at home in our pajamas.  And everytime Bean saw a float on the TV: MOM!!!  That's the one I saw yesterday!!

1 comment:

Hallcasa22 said...

haha we did that a few years ago when we were in town and loved it! It was exactly the same, hardly anyone there and the bagpipes. I think that BYU float is the same though or very similar ;) Glad you guys had fun! If we were closer that would be a great tradition too! :) Looks like you guys had a blast! :)