Bean started swimming classes, or 'swimming school' as she calls it. We might be dangling our upcoming Disneyland trip like a carrot in order to motivate her. She isn't particularly fond of swimming school. S has been taking her every week so I don't know specifics, but from what he's told me she is definitely improving. I don't know that she's anywhere close to jumping in the water on her own but the fact that she even gets in the water on her own is a big deal.
Boy has graduated out of his high-chair and is now sitting at the table with the rest of us. It has made mealtimes infinitely more pleasant...
...though sometimes there is a bit more of a cleanup involved.
Bean started up with preschool again. She was excited to go, which made it easier to crawl out of bed early again (we all really perfected the art of 'sleeping in' over Christmas break--Boy included!) I haven't blogged much about Bean's preschool experience--I'll get to it sometime--but her teacher has these really great homeschool packets that Bean can bring home and do with me. This time we got the playdough packet: technically we are supposed to make snakes out of playdough to trace the letters' shapes, but Bean found a better approach.
One of the best things about being home is that I suddenly find time to catch up on things that I've been meaning to do for, oh, 18 months: like finish Boy's nursery. Can you see the final addition?
Here's a better view:
I've had these finished since before Boy was born but, for one reason or another (like them breaking) I never got them hung. I finally got sick of looking at them and did something about it. Boy just walks into his room now and points up and goes 'Mmmm?' which, I think, means he likes them.






1 comment:
Go Bean!!! I love the smile Boy is giving---how can you be "mad" about the mess with a smile like that ;) haha
Post a Comment