Sunday, February 9, 2014

Bean's Dancing School: Year 2

I was cleaning out my files when I found this gem:


It's one of those pictures that I plan on holding onto for just the right teenage moment.

This is from Bean's picture day during the previous school year.  I remember waking her up to get her ready and she was so mad that I wouldn't let her wear her pink leotard and skirt.  She held a grudge the rest of the morning.  It sure made for some funny pictures though!  The photographer tried everything he could and I finally, kindly, told him that Bean was the most stubborn girl here and that there wasn't anything he could do.  If Bean didn't want to smile, she wasn't going to smile.  (Incidentally, I cannot remember his name to source him here--this is not my photo.)

Anyway the recital came and went and here we are in Bean's second year of dance!  It is remarkable how much she retained over the summer and also how much she has learned since last September.  She pirouettes all over the house.  She had trouble with her leaps last year and she is finally getting them down.  So proud of this girl!

I was able to go to observation day again in November, but I had Boy with me and anytime I get my phone out it spells disaster, so I only managed to get this one picture:


I mentioned a few weeks ago that Bean missed her recital in December due to illness.  S was literally on his way to my work with her and Boy so that I could put curlers in her hair when Bean threw up all over the place.  Then she did again.  And again.  And a few more times during the night.  It's too bad because by noon the next day she seemed perfectly fine.  Unfortunately the recital was at 10 and we had to be there by 9:30 and I just didn't want to take the chance of her having an unfortunate mishap on stage.

Bean was disappointed but, for the most part, understood.  I had to work that evening so, while I was gone, S let her build  her own stage and put on her recital costume and 'perform' for him and Boy, then sent the pictures he took to me.  It was very sweet!

No comments: