I celebrated my birthday the first part of the month. We were heading out of town a few days later and it was my weekend to work, so we didn't really do anything special. But my kids did bring me cake and presents to work which actually made it a super-special day. S always treats me so well. He always finds a way to make me feel so important!
The Sunday after we got back from Chicago we held Young Women in Excellence. I was put in charge of decorating. It was a daunting task, but our group of leaders work so well together. Pictures don't do it justice--it was absolutely breathtaking in there. I was able to relax and enjoy the very special, very spiritual evening. I will Never forget it. I am so blessed to have been able to serve in this calling.
Thanksgiving was the week after. I was scheduled to work and I needed to go in early, so it ended up being a very relaxed morning. I let the kids watch the entire Macy's Thanksgiving Parade. They even had on turkey hats for the occasion. I sure love these kiddos.
S left with the kids for his parents the same time I left for work. That evening they, along with my parents, met me in the cafeteria for what has become our annual tradition. I expressed how particularly grateful I was this Thanksgiving for my mom being there. It truly felt like a blessing. And I was grateful that they would all sacrifice their time to eat dinner with me so that I wouldn't have to eat alone. I sure love these people.
Black Friday has traditionally become the day we go get our tree and put it up. We don't know how much longer we'll be able to get a live tree--they are getting SO expensive. And it breaks my heart. But for this year, at least, we bought a beautiful 'fresh cut' balsam fir.
The kids really did most of the decorating themselves. It was nice to just kind of sit back and supervise. They did a terrific job!








No comments:
Post a Comment