~S's conversations with my belly. It is so sweet to hear him prep her for the real-world stuff (i.e. Disneyland) or read her books. I have no doubt that these conversations will continue once she is born, but I won't be privy to them anymore.
~A is for Anticipation. I was one of those kids who would actually have preferred to have Christmas come later because it was the anticipation of Christmas that was so exciting. It's the same way with this baby girl. I can't wait for her to get here but am also relishing all of this excitement that's building up. Sometimes I find myself just running my hands along the adorable clothes she's accumulated in the last few months. I can't bring myself to wash them yet.
~The parties! I've determined that baby showers are much more fun than wedding showers. I don't remember anyone "ooo"ing and "ahh"ing over towels and salt-shakers. Thanks to those of you who went to such lengths to host these showers. I'm pretty sure the majority of stuff we have for baby came from these parties and put S and I in a really good place as far as final preparations go.
~Being part of the preggo club. It seems like there are so many babies being born right now. I may have mentioned before that another one of my coworkers was pregnant the entire time I was. It was so much fun to compare notes and milestones. She had her baby last week and I have to admit I feel a little on my own now!
~Never being entirely alone. Not that I am one of those people who has to constantly be surrounded by people, but it has been really nice to always sort of have a companion with me, especially when S is at work. While I don't adore the direct jabs into my ribs, I love feeling her move, especially in response to something I do (like trying to move her out of my ribs.) I also just barely realized the other night that the weird twinges I was having in my lower abdomen the last several weeks were actually hiccups. I'd heard it was possible to feel them and didn't know it was hiccups I'd been feeling. It made me smile and wish I had realized this sooner. My SIL told me at one of my showers how much she missed just knowing here baby was there with her. It's probably the most nostalgic thing I've felt recently.
Now this might all seem sad and sappy and let it be known that I am excited to meet our little girl. In a way I think it is probably good to feel this way towards the end of a pregnancy because it has helped me cope with these last weeks a little better. We'll see if I feel the same way if she goes past her due date :)
2 comments:
I think that you just wrote the sweetest first note to your daughter :) I bet she'll love reading this when she's older! I miss being pregnant! haha I love it! Also, I don't want you to think I've forgotten you...I'm working on something for cute Baby girl...and well I'm really behind...I'm sorry. Let's cross our fingers you guys get it before Christmas!!!!! :) .....And I really like the pic of you and "dad" at the top...what a sweet pic for baby :)
I had the same issues with heartburn, it is not fun! Hopefully she comes early for you so you don't have to deal with that much longer!
Post a Comment