It has been fun as she is getting older to see what traits of mine and S's she has adopted. I tend to be a "cheese" at times. Here is Bean's "Cheese" while, appropriately, eating mac 'n cheese.

I love my routines. Anything that makes me stray gives me heartburn. Guess what? Bean is a highly routine toddler. Every day after Elmo is over she points to the door because she knows it's time to go get the mail.
I like comfort but on my own terms. Bean will only be cuddly with us if she's in the mood and it has to be her idea.
She's adopted my love of reading, crafting, and I believe she's showing early signs of my OCD organizational habits. She doesn't sing along with me in the car...yet, but she does wave her hands in the air {like she just don't care} !
I look at other's having their first (or second...or third [!] children) and I think back to the last few years and what a journey it has been. I'm not sure I'm quite ready to travel down that road again just yet. Just thinking of those first few sleepless weeks makes me unbearably tired! But I am grateful for the opportunity I've had to be a mother.
I guess I should thank Bean for giving me that opportunity. Later when she's old enough I can thank her for her patience, too.
No comments:
Post a Comment