Sunday, May 1, 2011

Here comes Peter Cottontail!

I had to work Easter Sunday this year. Again. So we made Easter a weeklong event in our house.

Tuesday night was our Easter egg hunt. After dinner I had S take Bean upstairs for a bit while I hid her plastic eggs. When she came downstairs, all I had to do was hand her the Easter basket and she knew exactly what to do. The hunt was over in about 5 minutes.

I almost deleted most of these pictures but the blurry is true to life because that kid is always on the go!













Then it was time for Bean to open her eggs. Sorry, no candy this year kiddo. What she doesn't know she won't miss, right?





Instead I hid her farm animals and little people inside the eggs. I think she thought it was pretty great. When I realized the rooster was missing, I realized that we had an egg missing. Luckily we found it. *phew*



Actually, S and I had to both work on Sunday so I "hid" Easter baskets Saturday morning. Lucky Bean got a new bunny rabbit and a book. (By the way: after much persistence, she now scrunches her nose up like a rabbit whenever we ask What does the Bunny Rabbit say? Adorable...) She also got a small chocolate bunny which I don't think she has had yet.

Sunday morning I got her ready in her easter dress (proud mommy moment!) After nursery it was off to Grandma and Grandpa H.'s where she was able to finally indulge in lots of candy. What are grandparents for?!



Don't feel bad for me. We had Easter dinner at work. Ham. Funeral potatoes. Deviled eggs. It was delicious. There was also a carrot cake with chocolate bunnies.



I walked into the breakroom where a chorus of Little Bunny Foo-Foo had just broken out...

No comments: