Bean and I helped Gma and Gpa J buy a new car (and got a free IPad out of it.)
My parents have been toying with the idea of getting a new car for awhile now. They took a loaner from the dealership while their car was being appraised. They needed to take it back and Bean and I happened to be over there so we decided to go along.
Five hours later we left the dealership in a new car.
It was a really long wait but Bean and I made the most of it by sitting in every single car on the showroom floor. Multiple times.
Here is their new car. I love new cars. They smell so good.
And the free IPad? The dealership was having a promo to give away a free IPad with every new purchase. I'm guessing the conversation went something like this...
Sales person: "And here's the form to get your IPad."
Mom and Dad: "Oh, we don't want an IPad, thanks."
SP: *slightly confused* "Well...you get it anyway."
MD: "Do we have to keep it?"
SP: "Uh, no, you can do anything you want with it."
(this is where I come in)
MD: *calling across the showroom to where I was with Bean* "Hey, do you want an IPad?"
Me: "Uh, sure! Thanks!"
I said goodbye to a coworker (and good friend!)
My evening transfusion shift partner-in-crime moved to AZ a few weeks ago (I guess her husband wants to go better himself by going to school or something...I just don't get it.) Among all of the other changes that have gone on at work this was probably the hardest because the evenings just seem kind of lonely now. (I hope if you are reading this that you feel guilty ;) ) Anyway, before she left we all went to the Melting Pot.
We had a blast and I believe at one point someone said "Why haven't we been doing this all along?!?!" It's definately good to get away from the kiddos every now and then. Also, we may or may not have finally made some plans to become fabulous etsy-entrepeneurs so we can all get rich and quit our jobs.
We celebrated the 24th holiday with family.
This was Bean's first introduction to sparklers and, despite the concerned look on her face, she loved them.
And I just had to put this picture up. I think the look on Baby K's face is priceless.
We built a deck.
And by we I mean S. He is amazing. More to come on this one.
We've been to the farm. Several times.
On the nights that S has to work at the station, Bean and I have made it a tradition to go to Wheeler Farm with my parents. We buy dinner, sit out on the lawn to eat it, and then Bean, mom and I go look at the animals.
This girl still has a huge fascination with tractors.
We've had mommy-daughter dates.
I have made my own tradition with Bean that, on the Saturday nights that her daddy has to work at the station, she and I go out to dinner.
We go to Arctic Circle's for chicken rings, fruit punch and fries. Then when we're done eating I let her play in the playplace for awhile.
After dinner we go to the firestation to see daddy and the firetrucks. I'm pretty sure she has sat in a firetruck more often than any other little kid her age. She loves this time with daddy.
Here she is on incident command with her "phone."
So there you have it. Our fun summer wrapped up in one blog post.
1 comment:
Oh man! The guilt is overwhelming! :) You know, you're always welcome to quit and move down here to be my nanny! I think the kids (heck... and the moms) would have a blast!
Post a Comment