Sunday, April 24, 2011

Progress.

When we had the trucks deliver our rock for our backyard last January, they completely tore up our side yard. We weren't too upset because we had planned on putting a driveway there someday anyway. It looked so bad, though, that someday became someday soon.

S needed two things: a tractor and a decent weather. Luckily, both came last weekend so he went to work.

Here is a before picture (remember, all of that use to be grass! What a mess...)



Bean is SO into tractors right now. Ever since she got a toy tractor for S's birthday (long story) she has been saying tra-ta nonstop. So imagine her excitement when the real thing was delivered to our house. She watched her daddy work in amazement. Naturally I thought her getting to ride in the real thing would be the Best Thing Ever.



I was wrong. I took some video of her far away but when I came to do a close-up this was the face I saw.



After I took a picture, I rescued her. And once outside the tra-ta her horror turned back into amazement.

Between S and his friend helping, they got the driveway done in two days. Impressive! S laid the sod a few days ago and, other than a few touch ups, it is all done.



I think it looks terrific! S is going to retain the existing flower beds next to the house with some compressed boards and then we get to start planting. I am so very excited!

1 comment:

Hall Family said...

It looks great!! Hooray for finished projects! :)