Sunday, February 26, 2012

First Introduction

We had our ultrasound this week and it's a...




BOY!


I am beyond excited!! I can't wait to meet him!

Here's a first picture of Boy.



Bean has totally picked up on the big-sister idea in the last week. Maybe actually seeing pictures has made it more concrete. But I asked her the other night if she wanted to help mommy and daddy hang tractor stickers in Boy's room and now it's all she can talk about.

Project Life

I have actually kept up with this far better than I thought I would. The best thing about it is that I am documenting stories that I probably wouldn't think to otherwise. Here are a few I thought I would share.

(1) Our preschool unit a few weeks ago was all about pigs. We checked out half a dozen piggy books from the library, learned about what pigs eat and where they live (Bean and I made "mud" aka chocolate pudding.) My favorite part of all was when we made piggy noses out of egg carton segments. Here's the Bean painting hers.



And after it was dry we attached string and I drew on nostrils. She thought it was pretty great.



I did too!



In fact, we made an extra one for S, who suggested that we eat our dinner that night wearing our piggy noses. I think S and I even outlasted Bean on that one.

(2) I needed to do some grocery shopping on my way home one evening so I stopped at a more convenient store than our usual location. This store happens to have those mini carts that the kids can push around. Bean was amazed that she was able to push her own cart and even exclaimed "Own cart at grocery store!" for several days after that.



I bought more stuff than I had expected so I had to help the poor Bean maneuver her cart towards the end of our shopping trip. But I have a feeling we will be stopping at the "own cart" store more often now!

(3) S completed the framing, duct work, and wiring for the basement rooms he's finishing right now. I look at construction and am just amazed because none of it makes sense to me. I am impressed that, not only did he do this all on his own, but it looks really good!



Potty Update

I am pretty superstitious at work (seriously I have stories that would make anyone the same way) so you can understand why I would be a little hesitant to publicly post how AWESOME the Bean is doing at potty training! Seriously, she hasn't had a wet accident in so many days that I can't even remember how long it's been. It's probably more like weeks than days. And thanks to S (who must have a magic gift--or patience, whichever) she is finally grasping the poop issue. I am so proud of her! (And I apologize in advance to S and the grandparents if blogging this suddenly results in an absurd amount of accidents!)

New Ward

I don't remember posting about this one, but a few weeks ago they finally created a new ward in our area. When the overflow is packed every week, you know it's time to split wards. I was not happy when they first announced that our meeting time would be from 3-6 p.m., but apparently I wasn't the only one because they found us a different building and our meeting time is the good ol' 11-2.

I was released from my calling as nursery worker as a result of the split. And then I was immediately put back into it last week. I'm totally okay with it. To be honest it's been long enough now that they idea of not going to nursery seems a little strange. However, I will have to get used to it eventually because I already have a scheduled release date when Boy comes.

2 comments:

Hall Family said...

You are such a cute mommy!! :)

Shboogoo's Mommy said...

This is a fun update. Wow, Bean, good job going potty and not having accidents! My kids would like the pig noses. In the past I've saved egg cartons with the intent to make kid stuff, but never made anything at all.