You may or may not remember that I made it a goal of mine to enroll the Bean in dance this fall. Late last year I started looking into a school that is literally just down the road from our home. I used to dance with a girl who was now teaching there (and as it turns out the owner actually knows the two previous owners of the school that I attended--which was sadly bought out by another school, otherwise I would have enrolled Bean there instead.) It made perfect sense to enroll her there, but when it came time to submit her registration I found it was a little difficult to contact the owner. Luckily a few weeks prior I was able to get her signed up--and just in time too. When you own a dance company in a city where the majority of households have kids, classes fill up quickly!
Initially I had planned on enrolling her in the tap/ballet class, but ultimately thought she would probably have more fun doing tumbling and jazz instead, so that's what we went with. I was giddy with excitement on the day I took Bean shopping for her uniform. A pink leotard, white tights, and white ballet shoes. I opted for the pink skirt too.
The night before her first class, I told Bean that we would have to get up extra early (thinking, like, 9--which is actually early for this "usually sleeps until 10" girl.) She woke up at 7:30. Needless to say we got to the school before the owner had even arrived!
I told her it was tradition that, on the first day of school, we get our picture taken. She was more than willing to oblige her mother. Thank goodness.
She was excited to go the first day and has been excited to go every day since. Possibly because she gets a sucker at the end of every class. She struggled at first with somersaults and backbends (what 3-year old hasn't?!) But it's been neat to see how much she has grown, both as a dancer and as a kid in general. She is more confident and it's hilarious to see her running around the house doing leaps and turns. The girl definately has it in her.
Her first recital is in a month. And you thought I was excited to have her start dancing...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
She looks SO cute!!!
I probably say this a lot, but I cannot believe how big H looks! She looks so cute in her dance gear!
Post a Comment