Sunday, March 10, 2013

Fire Banquet

S's department held a firefighter's banquet a few weeks ago.  I was able to get the evening off of work and we found a babysitter for the kiddos.  It was classified as "formal."  I didn't exactly feel comfortable dusting off one of my more formal dresses, but it was still a great excuse to get semi-dressed up and wear high-heels.  And it was also a good excuse to drool over my husband wearing his class A uniform.



They had a nice dinner (cheesecake was involved) and then they had a nice awards ceremony.  It took me back to my school-days where I held my breath every time an award was announced--hoping it would be fore me (or in this case, S.)  Most of the awards were rank based, but maybe next year??

They had all of the firefighters gather on stage for a photo op.  S said that this represented about 90% turn-out.



Then they added the new guys in (they don't have their class A uniforms yet.)



Then S got together with his crew for a picture. 



We had taken the kids to S's parents with the idea that they would go to bed there...so we didn't really have a reason to rush home after the banquet was over.  The obvious thing to do was go bowling (after we changed our clothes, of course.)



I sucked it up, as usual.  But S bowled probably the best game in his life!



The second game was worse, even though I got 2 strikes.  This is pretty typical...the best game I've ever bowled was left handed when I broke my right arm.



Afterwards we headed to our local favorite: Leatherby's.  S got his usual Brownie Sundae and I got my usual small Caramel Sundae.  It was such a fun evening and I told S that I really hope this becomes an annual thing.  I might even splurge and buy a little black dress.

No comments: