We
finally made it up to our family's cabin the week after Boy's birthday. Each winter I dream of the long summer days, particularly spent at the cabin. And this year, like the last two, we were kind of late getting up there. Bean was excited to camp out in our trailer with daddy again while Boy I slept inside the cabin (still a little nervous to have Bean and Boy sleeping in the same "room"--could make for a not such fun night.) She was even more excited to go for a bike ride with daddy. (I stayed behind and took Boy for a walk instead.)
They were gone for awhile when I received this photo from S. Lucky kid got to make a stop at the local ice cream shop! I think she liked it!
I told her to bring her binoculars up and that we would be explorers and go for hikes. She loved this idea!
The river was so low in July (I hear it's dropped even lower now) that it made throwing rocks in it quite the feat. I'm grateful for the
flood control but I miss the accessibility. Bean still had a good time chucking pebbles into what little water there was.
Boy and I hung out and watched.
We stayed through that evening and got home very late that night. I thought the kids would both zonk out but instead Bean had a very good time entertaining Boy (who thinks his big sister is the most hilarious person alive.)
No comments:
Post a Comment