Monday, November 25, 2013
Gratitude for my Home
You might remember some blog posts about the struggles I had when we first moved into our new house. Now those thoughts are so distant from my memory--we truly are home.
When I say I am grateful for my home, I think my gratitude is multi-dimensional. Of course, I am grateful for our physical house. It is nicer than anything I ever thought I would live in and I am grateful that we have the space for our family to grow without (hopefully) ever having to up-size to accommodate a growing family.
I am also grateful for where we live. I have said before how much the town I live in reminds me of the town I grew up in. I can see being very happy raising our family here. I also believe we were inspired to choose a home in the specific neighborhood we moved in to. There have been so many blessings from associating with these people whom we never would have had a chance to meet otherwise. I remember one Stake Conference not too long ago, the Stake President asked all of those had moved to the area within the last five years to stand up. Almost the entire congregation was standing. Then he asked those who felt like they had personally been inspired to move to the area to remain standing. Almost the entire congregation remained standing. It gave me chills. We have all become neighbors in a community for a reason, and I am grateful for that.
It is also a beautiful place to live. On a clear day we can see the entire valley below us. On my commute out of town every day I can see the entire Wasatch mountain range--clear down into the neighboring county. It is particularly breathtaking this time of year when the mountain peaks are often snow-capped. Just the other morning, S woke up after a previously stormy day and the sky was clear and blue against crisp white peaks. He said it was breathtaking. I'm grateful for days like this to remind me of what a truly, incredible place I live (especially good to remember when I am still pining for Costa Rican beaches!)
I am probably most grateful, however, for the feeling of home. I am a homebody: I love being domestic and cooking and cleaning. And yes, I LOVE doing laundry! I am excited to have a garden and to learn how to can our own fruits and vegetables. I am currently excited about food storage! I am also excited to finally get into my craft room in the upcoming year and sew my daughter some dresses. And I also love just vegging out on the couch with S after the kids have gone to bed and watching Modern Family. I am grateful for being home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Love this post!
Post a Comment